Dear Internals,

I am proposing an RFC[1] to remove PHP 4 constructors in PHP 7. If
accepted, methods with the same name as their defining class will no
longer be recognized as constructors. As noted in the RFC, there are
already many situations where we do not recognize these methods as
constructors, such as in namespaces and traits and when `function
__construct` is also present.

Andrea Faulds has kindly written a utility that identifies when a PHP
4 constructor is defined[2]. It does not automatically change the code
for liability reasons. The utility PHPMD[3] can also detect this but
has a false positive when `__construct` is also defined.

Cheers,
Levi Morrison

  [1]: https://wiki.php.net/rfc/remove_php4_constructors
  [2]: https://github.com/TazeTSchnitzel/PHP4_Constructor_Finder