Hi Levi,

if you remember, in my patch return_type was actually stored in
arg_info[-1].
it was mainly done for unification and to allow return type hinting for
internal functions (they already use arg_info[-1])
So the strictures may be compatible.
See https://gist.github.com/dstogov/8deb8b17e41c1a5abf88

I also thought about zend_string* usage in arg_info
Please review the patch if you missed it.
https://gist.github.com/dstogov/aa452a47ec30a8cb6eb5

The patches may be outdated, but they worked.
I may care about the final implementation if you agree with invariant
return type.

Thanks. Dmitry.