Hey internals! A useful feature that Hack picked up in the last few months are
"nullsafe calls", a way of propagating failure forward in a series of chained
method calls to the end of the whole computation, getting rid of a lot of the
boilerplate in the middle. I think the feature would be a good one for PHP as
well, so I'm submitting this RFC to add it -- you can see the RFC itself for a
full discussion of the motivation for the feature, as well as the feature
itself:

https://wiki.php.net/rfc/nullsafe_calls

Josh Watzman