On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 4:23 PM, Zeev Suraski <z...@zend.com> wrote:

> [...]
as you mentioned distros lock in to a specific micro version, so if we
introduce this deprecated messages in random micro version, we make it less
likely for the users to stumble upon those deprecated messages and it will
be also harder for us to communicate the upgrade path:
compare:
okay, you only have to install PHP 5.7 check out the deprecated messages in
your error logs, fix those and you are ready to upgrade to 7.0
vs
okay, so install 5.6, but make sure that it is >= 5.6.x, except for distro
Z, because they bumped the version but only backported the security fixes
but did not include the last deprecated message and if you fixed those
deprecated messages from your error log, you are ready to upgrade to 7.0.

--
Ferenc Kovács
@Tyr43l - http://tyrael.hu