On Sat, Oct 11, 2014 at 10:52 PM, Nikita Popov <nikita....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi internals!
>
> We currently have a number of deprecated features, which we likely want to
> remove in PHP 7. I've created a tracking RFC listing deprecated
> functionality (if I missed something, please tell):
>
>     https://wiki.php.net/rfc/remove_deprecated_functionality_in_php7
>
> I expect many of these are no-brainers (like assigning new by-reference),
> but other items like removal of ext/mysql may need additional consideration.
>
> Unless there are items that are particularly contested, I'd like to handle
> the bulk of these in a single vote and only have separate votes for
> ext/ereg and ext/mysql, as these are arguably more intrusive.
>
> Thanks,
> Nikita

I'd like to start voting on this sometime soon. I've updated the RFC to
include more info on some individual deprecated functionality and also
created blocks for individual votes. I've created seven instead of the
original three. If you want me to split off some point into an extra vote,
please say so.

I've also found that in https://wiki.php.net/rfc/incompat_ctx the vote
already decided that it should be removed in the next version (-> PHP 7.0).
So, anyone have a problem with dropping that right away without doing a
second round of voting?

Nikita

RFC: https://wiki.php.net/rfc/remove_deprecated_functionality_in_php7