On Dec 28, 2014 11:46 PM, "Ferenc Kovacs" <tyr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 28, 2014 at 11:06 AM, Pierre Joye <pierre....@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> btw, what is the best way to approve such accounts, with karma?
>>
>> On Sat, Dec 27, 2014 at 9:59 PM, Jacob Bednarz <jacob.bedn...@gmail.com>
wrote:
>> > - Triaging bugs, issues and cleaning up bug reports
>> >

> one doesn't need any additional karma for handling bugreports, only an
approved php.net account.
> recently I approved one or two similar account requests, but only because
they were from regulars from php-internals@ people whom already provided
pull requests in the past.
> I think if the number of these kind of requests stays low it won't be a
problem, but otherwise it could bias/dilute the rfc voting(as we only
require a valid php.net account there) depending on how somebody interprets
the voting rfc.

Someone doing regular bug triage, valid them, test them, follow them is an
awesome active contributor and deserve more than anyone else to vote.

Just to make it clear, this is an ungrateful job and requires to know php
very well from a userland pov. Many of us don't, including me. :)