Hi Rowan,

> On 14 Jan 2015, at 15:45, Rowan Collins <rowan.coll...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Perhaps it would be clearer if the RFC (and the documentation, if this is
> accepted) referred to the non-strict as something other than "weak". It makes
> it sound like only a weak check will be performed, and some values of the
> "wrong" type will be allowed through, when in reality you will always get
> exactly the type asked for.
>
> Maybe "coercive type-checking" would more accurately reflect the
> functionality?

Yeah, that’s an issue I’m aware of, “type checking" would suggest it merely
“checks”, but it actually has the same implicit conversion behaviour used by
extension and built-in PHP functions. I’m not sure what to call it. I don’t
really think “coercive type-checking” is particularly better.

Anyone who has a suggestion for a name, please feel free to offer it.

Thanks.
--
Andrea Faulds
http://ajf.me/