Am 15.01.2015 um 20:45 schrieb Marcio Almada:
Hi,

I would like to call everyone's attention, specially people
contributing directly to this RFC series, to what S.A.N just said:

Many developers PHP offers dual syntax:

1. Strict
function bar(int $num){}

2. Lax
function bar((int) $num){}

Maybe it makes sense to put this option on the ballot if it passes a vote,
it will be possible to put an end to the discus?

This idea has been **so recurrent** and yet systematically ignored by RFC
owners. Why? I think that we need to baby step and try to approve coercive
type declarations first and decide upon a possible stricter type check
later:

How a bout a reboot of what ircmax...@php.net already started in
https://wiki.php.net/rfc/parameter_type_casting_hints for v0.3?

PS: Please, let's not fall into the mindset of "if v0.2 is not a good idea
then v0.1 instantly becomes more acceptable", we still have time to try
some alternatives.

A function only defines the arguments and types it requires and not where the arguments comes from. Casting is part of "Where the arguments comes from"

Marc