On 16/01/15 11:05, Benjamin Eberlei wrote:
> You keep bringing this up, but there is a workaround to manually "enable"
On PHP5.4 or later? We are stuck with 5.3 unless code is modified. Same
with other removed functions in 5.4.

> register globals again if you need to have it for migration. It should just
> work (TM) (haven't actually used it)
>
> foreach ($_REQUEST as $k => $v) { $GLOBALS[$k] = $v; }
>
> Not sure why we have to discuss this over and over again on this list.

Yes there are work arounds which once one knows that is why a site has
failed can be applied, but it is one of the reasons PHP5.2/3 is still
remaining on shared hosting. No body has the time to hand hold their
customers through the changes.

The CORRECT fix is to work out why it is needed, and properly sort out
the code, as with so many of the breaks brought into PHP5. It is still a
brick wall that users have to scale, so in the context of current
discussions can we possibly avoid adding more of them with PHP7 which is
I am sure why Arvids brough it up.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL