On Sun, Jan 18, 2015 at 9:40 AM, Matteo Beccati <p...@beccati.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> so, the removal of deprecated features has started and make install is now
> rightfully failing because PEAR is installed by default, although it is not
> compatible anymore:
>
> Installing PEAR environment:      /home/atlassian/phpNext/lib/php/
>
> Fatal error: Non-static method PEAR_Installer_Role::initializeConfig()
> cannot be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in
> phar:///.../pear/install-pear-nozlib.phar/PEAR/Config.php on line 599
> make[1]: *** [install-pear-installer] Error 255
> make: *** [install-pear] Error 2
>
> I've tried to look up the pear MLs, but I haven't seen any recent
> activity... what's the plan, if any?

That's a good question. As far as I understand we still need PEAR because
it also provides the PECL installer. So it would be good if the installer
is fixed.

As an immediate action I would suggest to disable installation of PEAR by
default, given how it should be irrelevant to most PHP users who don't
install extensions via PECL.

Nikita