On 24 January 2015 02:28:07 GMT, Yasuo Ohgaki <yohg...@ohgaki.net> wrote:
>I also would like to php_serialize handler as the default serializer
>and
>make php/php_binary deprecated.
>
>php/php_binary serializers are made to work with register_globals and
>have
>many limitations.
>e.g. Integer key not allowed, key cannot start with number, delimiter
>chars
>are invalid and
>ignored, etc. php_serialize does not have such limitations at all.

I'm in favour of this part. In the unlikely event that someone needs to access
the same session data with PHP 5 and 7, they should be able to switch back to
the old format, but for most users, plain serialise is a much more sensible
format.

An additional problem with the existing format is that there are no functions
to work with it outside of the $_SESSION array, so you can't just unserialize a
local copy.

Regards,
--
Rowan Collins