On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 2:45 PM, Michael Wallner <m...@php.net> wrote:

> On 29/01/15 21:25, Michael Wallner wrote:
> >
> >> On 29 01 2015, at 12:14, Michael Wallner <m...@php.net
> >> <mailto:m...@php.net>> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi!
> >>
> >> I’ve rewritten the RFC for pecl_http and hopefully addressed most of
> >> the things mentioned previously.
> >>
> >> I you still find anything lacking, please let me know, so I can expand
> >> the RFC accordingly.
> >>
> >> And of course, everything else is up for discussion.
>
> Update:
>
> Removed optional dependencies on all three extensions (json, iconv,
> hash), and the one INI entry related to it. ETags of dynamic response
> bodies would now always be just sha1 hashes.
>
> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/pecl_http#dependencies
>
> --
> Regards,
> Mike
>
> --

hi,

just a small question: what will be the upgrade path for existing pecl_http
users upgrading to 7.0?
if we would just move the current ext as is into php-src it would be no
problem for them, but based on the recent discussion that is unlikely and
if we change the userland api they will be forced to upgrade their code
(except if we are willing to provide a php7 compatible version of pecl_http
on pecl.php.net, but I think that would be a PITA for everybody).
ofc. this isn't a blocker problem, but something we should keep in mind.

--
Ferenc Kovács
@Tyr43l - http://tyrael.hu