On 03/02/15 09:14, Pierre Joye wrote:
>> I wonder if ANY mssql users have noticed that they may be left out of
>> PHP7 ... I suspect that may actually have a bigger user base than the
>> paid for 'Interbase' yet it's got no support here.
>
> For mssql, most of them (while we see more and more requests from linux
> lately) are on windows. And mssql support has been removed with the
> release of 5.3.0. Since 2 years they use sqlsrv from pecl.

I spotted the reference to using ODBC as an alternative as well which
does get used for Firebird in some areas. The point perhaps is that like
mysql, the information as to what IS the preferred method of working
these days is not being linked to the discussion? There is useful
material on a number of these 'removals' but it's all mixed up in the
one thread :(

Separate 'crib sheets' to support each eventual change?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL