Hi,

> On 9 Feb 2015, at 18:22, Lars Strojny <l...@strojny.net> wrote:
>
>> On 07 Feb 2015, at 12:46, Matteo Beccati <p...@beccati.com> wrote:
>>
>> Maybe it's just me, but I didn't quite understand the point you are making
>> here. Are you saying that declares are more or less like ini settings?
>
> Yes, exactly that. The new declare()-statement will fundamentally change how
> the engine behaves

It’s a relatively minor change. It changes how arguments and return values are
type-checked, that’s all. The patch isn’t that complex.

> and one will have two learn more or less two flavors of PHP.

Hardly, the differences are not that big. One’s slightly stricter when checking
arguments and return values, but that’s it. It’s not two completely different
worlds, it’s a minor detail of personal preference.

> Even worse I am forced to use the PHP flavor the person picked who changed
> the declare() statement last.

Well, yes, in a project with multiple people, you must conform to the project
style guide and such, that’s hardly unusual.

--
Andrea Faulds
http://ajf.me/