Hi!

> I do not see much gain today to "improve" them while I do not see why we
> should not. It does not hurt.

The gain is simple - today, assertions have costs so people that are
performance-conscious (rightly or wrongly) use them less than they
could. We can make them cost-less in production, while preserving their
advantages in the test environments (also makes code easier to follow
btw if asserts show which invariants are being enforced). Unit tests
only provide for assertions in test code, but cost-less asserts can help
you ensure that code works the way you intended all the way through,
without paying for that with performance.
--
Stas Malyshev
smalys...@gmail.com