Hi, Stas

> Hi!
>
> I like the idea. But we need to examine the cases carefully so we don't
> block some future routes - especially this is with regards to such
> things as type names which we wanted to reserve.
>
> I.e. method names resolution is probably clear, since they appear after
> -> or ::, but for class names the context may be much more varied.
> --
> Stas Malyshev
> smalys...@gmail.com

I agree. You and Nikita are right. Doing more than that with a pure lexical
approach, without migrating to another lexer generator (which was already
attempted before) or using some form of lexer feedback (which at current
state breaks ext tokenizer) would be inadequate and create future issues.
I'll probably work on a more ambitious and adequate solution for PHP
7.1~7.2.

For now, as said before, I'll revert the RFC, and proposed patch, to
version 0.2 aiming only class|object members declaration and access. This
is perfectly achievable, has no drawbacks and brings many benefits. The RFC
will probably be ready for discussion again in ~2 days.

Thanks,
Márcio