Hi Lester,

I agree. The only way I imagine possible (maybe Derick can confirm),  is
adding an optional case-sensitive mode and, then, much later, make it the
default.

Unlike raising E_DEPRECATED on case-insensitive comparisons, this approach
is technically possible. The only probem I see is that people are shooting
down every new INI setting, whatever the need.

Regards

François