On Tuesday 10 March 2015 10:26:12 Patrick Schaaf wrote:

> https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=68486

Meanwhile I did some more debugging, today also testing with a freshly
compiled current apache 2.4.12. The issue persists.

As it does not always coredump, but always uncontrollably reenters an already-
deconfigured PHP interpreter, I see the potential for arbitrary remote code
execution. I opened a security bug for that two days ago - no reaction.

Sorry for shouting, BUT IS REALLY NOBODY HERE INTERESTED IN (non-fpm) PHP
UNDER APACHE 2.4 / LINUX ??????

I don't want to go out on the internet and test whether I can randomly crash
any such server, but everything I analyzed so far tells me that half of the
world might be affected by this.

For those who cannot be bothered to read the bug report, but have an apache
2.4 running with mod_php, could you please run the following against your
server, and look for segmentation violation / coredump messages in your server
logs?

echo -e 'GET /foo.php HTTP/1.1\nHost: www.example.de\n\nGET /foo.php
HTTP/1.1\nHost: www.example.de\n\n' | nc localhost 80

(of course, replace /foo.php with any trivial PHP script on your server, and
www.example.de with your virtual host name)

best regards
  Patrick

P.S.: to anybody who now wants to tell me to just use FPM/fastCGI: save the
bits, I don't want to hear that.