> > What we need, is a MANAGER! To manage the Type Hint development. And one
> > that is not doing real development on PHP core, but someone with
> > understanding.
>
> You are basically saying we should hand development of a critical
> language feature over to someone not doing real development on the
> language. I don't see how that could possibly end well.

I'm saying you need a manager to orginize the process, and as I see it,
make it a multi-version effort, like the OOP has evolved. Well, I probably
over-generalized. It has to be atleast a userland developer with good
amount of PHP development experiense under his/her belt to understand, he
needs to have patiense, and above all, he needs to discipline himself on
amount of writing and replying, otherwise it will get messy again. It can
be a core dev too, it's just from what I have seen, people push their own
agenda too much when they are the developer behind the RFC. It's good over
all, but I think this paticular case is an exception.

And based on how long the type hints are taking to get anywhere, I say it
needs some special handling.

Type hints mutated over time from a simple proposal into something big,
over-engeneered and over-agressive. I have never seen a feature so complex
being done in a single go into PHP since i'm folowing internals list, and
that's since late days of PHP4...

So, long story short: I suggest we restructure the effort and have someone
impartial at the helm mediating the work being done, draw some lines and
execute a plan people can agreee on.