I've always liked how callbacks (well, function pointers) are handled in C -
using the function name without parentheses. eg.

$a = $object->method;

But this wouldn't work in PHP as is, since property and method names would
collide. How do people feel about the fact that we have separate property and
method namespaces? Does it add value?

Vik

On Thursday, 19 March 2015, 12:48, Sebastian B.-Hagensen
<sbj.ml.r...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

> Distinguishing array and callable is problematic.
> Array callable is better to be deprecated in the long run. IMHO.

Then how would you write an callback containing an already constructed object?
$a = [$object, 'method'];

The alternative is unnecessarily cumbersome:
$a = function($methodArg1, $methodArg2) use($object) { return
$object->method($methodArg1, $methodArg2); };