Yasuo Ohgaki wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 1, 2015 at 1:53 PM, Yasuo Ohgaki <yohg...@ohgaki.net> wrote:
>
>> There are too many things that I would like to improve ;)
>>
>> https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=69127
>>
>> This bug is known fatal bug for session module. I proposed "lazy_destroy"
>> to fix
>> this before, but it declined.
>>
>> I think the name was wrong. With the proposal, session module destories
>> session data with lazy manner, but it's actually precise manner. i.e.
>> Session
>> module and browser is _not_ synced, so destroy must be done async manner
>> (~= lazy manner. For example, delete session data 60 seconds later).
>>
>> The reason why session_regenerate_id(true) fails is it deletes session
>> data
>> immediately even if session and browser is not in sync. Session and
>> browser
>> cannot sync because there is no means in HTTP/Cookie.
>>
>> Is there any other better idea for this?
>
> I've updated old RFC for this bug fix.
>
> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/session_regenerate_id
>
> I would like to start discussion shortly. If anyone would like to comment
> now,
> I appreciate it.

The RFC mentions PHP 7.0 as proposed PHP version.  Have you considered
the "PHP 7.0 timeline" RFC[1]?  As I understand it, any RFC put up to
vote after 2015-03-15 cannot target PHP 7.0.

Then again, if this will be considered a bug fix, an RFC would not be
necessary at all (if I'm not mistaken).

[1] <https://wiki.php.net/rfc/php7timeline>

--
Christoph M. Becker