On 21 March 2015 at 08:14, Xinchen Hui <larue...@php.net> wrote:

> Hey:
>
> On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 9:14 PM, Xinchen Hui <larue...@php.net> wrote:
> > Hey:
> >
> > On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 7:53 PM, Alain Williams <a...@phcomp.co.uk>
> wrote:

> that
> need to

> vote.
> merge it,

> >> I used s/something/code/ge in a perl script that I wrote a few days
> ago. Very
> >> useful. It would have been a lot more work to do it another way.
> >>
> >> So: +1 to the ability to do this, regardless of what mechanism is
> eventually chosen.
> >
> > I also +1 for this.
> >
> > if there is no objections raises, I am going to merge it tomorrow..
> merged
>
> thanks

Whoa, hold on there a second.

An RFC was created, presumably intending to follow that line of procedure.
Then Xinchen comes along and puts a middle finger up to the whole process,
reverts back to the old "if no-one complains by tomorrow, merge it"
approach, then does the merge.

I'm all for avoiding the potentially unnecessary red tape of the RFC
process. Particularly for small, standalone changes like this. I fear there
are other who aren't so lenient.

Thoughts?..