On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 5:14 PM, Nikita Popov <nikita....@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 15, 2015 at 4:46 PM, Nikita Popov <nikita....@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi internals!
>>
>> To ensure we have no shortage of new RFC votes...
>>
>>     https://wiki.php.net/rfc/reclassify_e_strict#vote
>>
>> Voting is open for ten days :)
>>

> RFC is accepted with 28 votes in favor and 4 against.

The RFC is now implemented. However while landing the patch I noticed that
I missed a number of E_STRICT notices in libraries. In particular:

* mktime() without arguments throws "You should be using the time()
function instead"

* htmlentities() with some encodings like EUC-JP throws "Only basic
entities substitution is supported for multi-byte encodings other than
UTF-8; functionality is equivalent to htmlspecialchars"

* mysqli::next_result() if there is no next result throws "There is no next
result set"

While the first one sounds like something that should be deprecated, I
couldn't say what to do with the other two.

Nikita