On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 1:33 AM, Dominic Grostate
<codekest...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Has there been any discussion or consideration towards migrating or at
> least aliasing all built in classes to a Php vendor namespace?

Not any that's led to a consensus.

Personally, I like the idea of moving EVERYTHING to PHP\ at once and
building in an automatic fallback, so an app could do:

<?php
$dt = new DateTime(...); // uses builtin DataTime via fallback to PHP namespace

Or:

<?php
class DateTime { ... }
$mydt = new DateTime(...); // Uses user supplied DateTime
$pdt = new PHP\DateTime(...); // Uses builtin DateTime

Possibly paired with the ability to import a NS to root:

<?php
use PHP as \;
$pdt = new DateTime(...); // Uses builtin DateTime from root namespace

I don't feel strongly about any of this though, so I'm not personally
inclined to push any RFC to make it happen.

-Sara