Hi!
On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 6:39 PM Michael Wallner <m...@php.net> wrote:

> On 16/07/15 11:26, Rowan Collins wrote:
> > Benjamin Eberlei wrote on 15/07/2015 21:19:
> >>
> >> But instanceof and anything related to Reflection or get_class or
> >> relevant code will fail on array.
> >

> > Ah, yes, I hadn't thought of reflection type things. I don't think
> > instanceof would be a problem, because checking for any class or
> > interface other than Traversable would correctly return false; not sure
> > if it would make sense for "array() instanceof Traversable" to return
> > true or not...
> >

> Maybe some pseudotype like callable (e.g. iteratable) makes more sense
> then?

I'm okay with a pseudo type.

My opinion on the matter at this point is such that I care more about
providing an API of sorts to support both kinds of structures, so that any
 developer can write an extension that can leverage this capability and
make this available in user-land.

Having array_some() and array_every() support this doesn't have to be
documented for all I care, if anything it serves as an example of what can
be done.

The most immediate feedback I would like is:
a) whether it's useful to add as an API,
b) a review of the code in `php_traversal.[ch]`