Nikita Popov wrote on 28/07/2015 14:07:
-1 on this. If there is no technical problem with serializing the Exception
class itself, it should be possible to serialize it. It can always happen
that an object contains some not-serializable member, this is nothing
specific to exceptions. I don't see the point of this change.

Also, Christian Stoller's mail pointed out that Symfony uses serialized
exceptions.

The problem is that exceptions *unpredictably* contain non-serializable members, because it depends on what's happened at arbitrary points in the backtrace. There is nothing a user catching an exception can do to predict or prevent it happening, unless (as I have repeatedly suggested) there is some way to strip the 'args' from the backtrace items.