On 29 Jul 2015, at 10:02, Lester Caine <les...@lsces.co.uk> wrote:

> The problem is removing all of the poor quality on-line guides and
> replacing them with ones which provide a mush better working model.
> Trying to get PHP too pick up a few edge cases is a poor use of time.

I completely disagree... prepared statements are just as vulnerable, and so are
ORM's.

You can push developers towards these solutions, and that would be good, but
you are completely blind if you think an uneducated developer won't do:

        if ($stmt = $mysqli->prepare("SELECT District FROM City WHERE Name=" .
$_GET['name'])) {
        }

And thats using a slightly edited example from:

        http://php.net/manual/en/mysqli.prepare.php

It's a shame that Wietse suggested this solution in 2008, is incomplete, and
does not seem to be going anywhere (I'm also tempted to say the implementation
is slightly the wrong way around, but the theory is there).

Likewise the PECL extension from 2013.

        http://pecl.php.net/package/taint

Matt, I realise I'm not a C programmer, and probably won't be able to help
there, but if there is anything I can do, please let me know.

If you want to compare notes, my suggestion is at:

        http://news.php.net/php.internals/87207

Craig