Hi Anatol,

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 4:35 AM, Anatol Belski <anatol....@belski.net> wrote:
> [...]

No problem. I'll update so that 0 mode is for 7.1.
JSON's is better to use larger precision. So this change is targeted
to 5.6 and 7.0.

Let me know if you have comments on this.

> Please keep in mind that we effectively have two RCs to do the remaining
> stabilizations. And we probably should as much as possible. Because this
> patch it's rather an enhancement to the current functionality which is not
> indeed broken - I wouldn't see it as critical for 7.0. It should be voted
> (and discussed if necessary) for 7.1, so we don't loop away from our current
> situation.
>
> BTW I also had a comment there in the PR about
> https://github.com/php/php-src/pull/1455/files#diff-c84859666ff690a113d55ef1899d8bf4R149
>  - so if mode 0 ignores ndigits, why set it to 17 (or anything else). Seems
> like an unnecessary action, but snprintf is used quite frequently. But just
> as a notice on the side.

"-1" which is invalid precision is used to indicate 0 mode.
0 mode is supposed to use max precision for double (it seems many
implementations
use 16, but PHP uses 17), when 0 mode is used, it uses 17 as precision always.

Regards,

--
Yasuo Ohgaki
yohg...@ohgaki.net