Hi Yasuo,

Yasuo Ohgaki wrote:

https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=70549

It seems this is better to be fixed in near future.
Let "new" be associative? Currently, it's syntax error.
Was there discussion for this with
https://wiki.php.net/rfc/uniform_variable_syntax ?

I think that we should keep `new` working the way it does. While some other languages do make `new Foo->bar` be `(new Foo)->bar`, I don't think that's very intuitive. The whitespace between `new` and the class name has made me always read it as `new (Foo->bar)` instead. Continuing to require brackets here will mean people don't misinterpret it.

Also, as Nikita noted, there might be compatibility issues.

Thanks.

--
Andrea Faulds
http://ajf.me/