Le 22/09/2015 03:59, Bob Weinand a écrit :
Hey,

or straight ahead to the vote:
https://wiki.php.net/rfc/short_closures#vote

Thanks,
Bob

Hi,

After discussing this with other people at AFUP, we would be (a large majority of us) -1 on this RFC.

Basically, we feel that:

* This could lead to less readable code, mostly because of the usage of an operator (which is not, to some, "the PHP way") and because of the parenthesis / brackets that are optional in some cases
 * The "~>" operator has less meaning than "function"

Keeping the old "function" syntax is, of course, nice and required -- but also means having two possible syntaxes for the same thing, which is less nice.

BTW, the "automatically bind variables" didn't come up much in our discussion. And a few mentioned that "~>" could be a bit hard to type and could look a bit too similar to "->".

In any case, thanks for your work on this!

--
Pascal MARTIN, AFUP - French UG
http://php-internals.afup.org/