Hi internals!

I want to revive an old patch I was working on last year, and open for
discussion the last missing piece to make it fully complete, allowing me to
write a RFC.

Link to patch introducing support to private classes:
https://github.com/php/php-src/pull/947

Currently, there's no way to determine at runtime what is the scope of the
execution. This means you can't resolve if the current instruction is
happening on a top-level scope, in a class definition, namespace, function
or method.

Together with this (maybe even more importantly), there's no way to resolve
namespaces in any way, since they only exist up to compile time (they
become part of class name through string append), and no real data
structure around it exists. I was forced to create a weird string check to
make it work... =(

I wonder what would be necessary to make this patch possible, if there's
any interest to move this forward and potentially target it for 7.1 release.

Regards,

--
Guilherme Blanco
MSN: guilhermebla...@hotmail.com