Hi Lior,

Lior Kaplan wrote:
Fatal error: Redefinition of parameter $argv in
/php-7.0.0RC7/pear/fetch.php on line 3
make: *** [install-pear] Error 255

This is a strange and rather concerning error message. If I look at the source code of /pear/fetch.php in php-src, line three looks like this:

    function usage($argv) {

$argv here is only specified once in the parameter list, yet it produces an error. Now, presumably this is some sort of conflict with the global variable $argv. But that's a global, not a superglobal, so it really shouldn't cause an error here.

This looks like it might be a serious PHP 7 bug.

And yet I can't reproduce it by running pear/fetch.php. Is something weird going on here?

Thanks.

--
Andrea Faulds
http://ajf.me/