On 23 November 2015 at 21:10, Anatol Belski <weltl...@outlook.de> wrote:

> a) release on 26th including all known bug fixes
> b) do RC8, assume there are no bugs, so target 10th for RTM
> c) do RC8, release on 3rd, expect there are no bugs come in
> d) continue issuing release candidates till it's stable enough (needs
> definition of stable and probably an RFC)
>
> I would really ask to reach a consent on either a) or c). IMO, the options
> b) and d) are the direct road to curbing 7.0.0.  There is no hurry to
> release just to release, but it is definitely harmful to slow down the rise.
>
> Thanks
>
> Anatol

I prefer a over c.

As you said, we can deliver a stable and high quality 7.0.0 today. An RC
period where you expect no bugs does not sound productive to me.

We all know the "real testing" doesn't begin until it's released, and the
best way to find what is left (things we have not found in over a year of
development and testing), is to get more people looking at it.

Delaying the release is actually delaying the discovery of bugs that affect
real world applications that we do not have access to, and cannot test
with. Many teams will not even start testing with 7 until it gets an
official release.

If something is found, it doesn't make the release any less high quality.
Any bugs that would be found between now and the 3rd will still be found
(and probably more), and they will still be fixed. The only difference
would be a 0.0.1 version number.

/2c