Hi all,

On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 8:43 AM, Stanislav Malyshev <smalys...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Furthermore, postponing EOL now means reduced pressure to upgrade to 7.
>
> Again, if you think people's decision to upgrade significantly depends
> on that, I think you are deluding yourself. We have tons of "pressure"
> to upgrade from EOLed 5.x versions. We still got majority of people
> running them, and more sites running 5.2 than 5.6, judging by
> http://w3techs.com/technologies/details/pl-php/5/all

Upgrading extensions from PHP 5.X to PHP 5.Y is easy or even does
not require any changes. Since upgrading extension modules to PHP 7
code base is not easy task for many people, giving more time for
upgrading makes sense. We don't know how many private extensions
are used in the wild.

http://w3techs.com/technologies/details/pl-php/5/all

This may be an evidence that there are many.

+1 for extending PHP 5.6 support.

Regards,

--
Yasuo Ohgaki