On 24 December 2015 at 22:40, Bronisław Białek <afte...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> I've just created an RFC draft for catching multiple exception types
> in one catch statement:
> https://github.com/bronek89/php-multicatch-rfc
>
> I wrote RFC on github to check if there is any positive response from
> community.
>
> Basically it introduces possibility to write code such as:
>
> try {
>     // ...
> } catch (DbException | ResourceNotFoundException $e) {
>     throw new HttpException("not found", 404, $e);
> } catch (\Throwable $e) {
>     throw new HttpException("fail", 500, $e);
> }
>
> Provided patch is my first experience with PHP source code, so it
> could be not perfectly written (or simply poor ;-) ) .
>
> What do you think about introducing that kind of feature into PHP?

Yes, please. The alternative work-arounds are not as good.

Though I also am concerned about it getting in the way of other
proposals, I don't think it would be an issue. The meaning of the
syntax in your example is pretty obvious. So the only way it could be
a problem is if another RFC proposed a different and 'not as obvious'
meaning.

cheers
Dan