On Tue, Jan 5, 2016 at 1:37 AM, Stanislav Malyshev <smalys...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi!
>
> > The effort to create and adopt a CoC is minimal and the benefits are
> > huge. It creates, confirms or ensure that the context of the php.net
> > remains a safe for anyone to contribute.
>
> It also provides a way for 5 (or, since CoC mechanisms are not specified
> at all, even 3 assuming CoC decides by majority) people to accuse any
> member of the community of some pretty dark things (without even having
> to provide any substantial proof) and immediately ban them from all the
> community spaces with no ability to explain or counter. I don't think
> this is a good idea, especially when nobody actually thinks we need such
> draconian measures for anything at all that actually happened.
> --
> Stas Malyshev
> smalys...@gmail.com
>
> --

currently I (and a bunch of other people) could revoke anybody's karma, how
is this any different(ofc. it would be reverted and I would get a scolding)?
we just have to make the process transparent and as mentioned in the RFC
any permanent action would require an RFC and consensus from the project:
"f the CoC team determines that a longer temporary ban or a permanent ban
is necessary, they shall institute a temporary ban and raise an RFC to the
general project to effect the desired ban. Once the RFC is issued, the
temporary ban's lifetime will be tied to the RFC's lifetime (will expire
when the vote is finished)."
I don't see that as a problem, on the contrary, there would be somebody to
ask for an official statement when somebody tries to slander someone else
with bogus reports/claims.

--
Ferenc Kovács
@Tyr43l - http://tyrael.hu