Hi, PHP friends.

Following on from Larry’s comments, here’s a thing I wrote one time:
https://gist.github.com/nateabele/8d156730dc428322fca5

Someone proposed adding the Contributor Covenant to one of my OS projects. I
read it, and some of the language made me a little uncomfortable, so I wrote up
a wish list for what I’d want to see in any CoC we were to adopt. Maybe it’ll
help here, maybe it won’t. It’s worth what you paid for it. :-)

I’ve also heard arguments elsewhere that it’s somehow dangerous for projects to
craft their own CoC, and they should only stick to ‘established’ ones like the
Contributor Covenant. This seems like FUD to me. Licenses are also important,
complicated documents with serious implications, and while you might not want
to write your own, projects have a huge selection of OS licenses to choose
from, and each project can find one that suits their specific needs and
community. I don’t see why CoCs should be any different.

Oh, and try not to be _too_ hard on Jones. He may be an acquired taste, but he
started writing contributor guidelines before it was cool. ;-)
http://solarphp.com/project/be-nice

- Nate