On Jan 12, 2016 6:28 AM, "Scott Arciszewski" <sc...@paragonie.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 11:32 AM, Solar Designer <so...@openwall.com>
wrote:

> > On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 10:04:36AM -0500, Anthony Ferrara wrote:
> > > To my understanding, the crypt scheme hasn't been formalized. Solar
> > > Designer, can you confirm?
> >
> > I think it has been, in the way defined by encoding.c in:
> >
> > https://github.com/P-H-C/phc-winner-argon2
> >
> > $ echo password | ./argon2 salt | grep ^Encoded
> > Encoded:
$argon2i$m=4096,t=3,p=1$c2FsdAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA$pDVCkCwe3h2SnqGPAGNoM36WzhyGPAd+bb3BLrxyzWw
> > $ echo password | ./argon2 salt -d | grep ^Encoded
> > Encoded:
$argon2d$m=4096,t=3,p=1$c2FsdAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA$Js0T8jeqwDeja/AQ+x2o4SUn22MofUW2f88RlMRhQso

> > I haven't been involved in this closely, though.
> >
> > Alexander
>
> I'm going to write the pull request tonight then. If there's any
> reason to not merge it, please discuss it there.
>
> Thanks Solar. :)

That's great :)

And as it will not be enabled by default the risk of having to maintain our
own prefix can be minimized by adding a note stating the current situation.

Thanks :)