Hi Mike,

Michael Wallner wrote:

To be honest, I had not even memorised intval() supports a base, but that we
have base_convert().

I’d opt for dropping base convert support from intval(), but that’s obviously
not possible, because PHP-7.1 is the target for this RFC.

Yeah, it's easy to forget about it. And as I've mentioned before, it violates weak typing, unfortunately. base_convert() is more uniform, but it's horrible in its own way (ignores any characters in any position which aren't of the expected base). The bin/hex/dec/oct family have similar issues.

Alas, you're correct that we can't really do much about this in 7.1.

--
Andrea Faulds
https://ajf.me/