Le 11/02/2016 17:25, Andrea Faulds a écrit :
Hi François,

François Laupretre wrote:
String offsets are full of oddities :

$str = "abc";
$str{0} = '';
var_dump($str); // -> string(3) "bc" (read as "\0bc")

Assigning an empty string to a string offset inserts a null byte because
the string length is not checked in zend_assign_to_string_offset().

I see this as a bug. IMO, this case should raise a warning and the
string should remain unchanged.

Thoughts before I register a bug and a PR ?

Wow, that's quite egregious. I think this should be considered a bug and
fixed as soon as possible. Whether it should go into 7.0.x or 7.1 is
possibly a matter for debate, though.

Thanks

OK. Bug registered (https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=71572) along with PR (https://github.com/php/php-src/pull/1761).

Can someone please review/merge the PR and close the bug ?

Thanks

François