Lester Caine wrote on 04/03/2016 11:19:
My main reason for not taking that brute force approach is actually the
same. Many of the comment 'var' entries relate to the use of the
identified var. So changing one without the other just creates more
problems? It's the documentation style from 15 years ago that is just as
important to maintain and something that is not on the current roadmap?
The whole process needs addressing not just one element.

I'm not sure I follow. What do you mean by "comment 'var' entries"? To my knowledge, /** @var ... */ is the correct notation for PHPDoc for a property, whatever its visibility, but maybe you're talking about some other comments?

I've no problem that as code is tidied these elements get replaced and
that is already part of my own process. It's simply a matter of just how
'essential' it is that this is done, and I don't see any pressing need
as yet to remove var?

This much I agree with. I see no urgency to batch update, even if the cost of doing so is low.

Regards,
--
Rowan Collins
[IMSoP]