> It is perfectly legitimate to question the competence, professionalism,
> and intelligence of any individual (or group) who seeks to break BC for NO
> GOOD REASON other than personal preference.

As has already stated, you are insulting people by doing this. Please stop
insulting people; as far as I was aware, this is a place for technical
discussion, not playground insults and essentially calling everyone who
disagrees with you as essentially dumb.

>  if only you un-clever not-first-rate meddlers would stop breaking the
> language for NO GOOD REASON.

> Language developers who are incapable of introducing new features without
> breaking old ones do not deserve to be regarded as either professional,
> competent or intelligent.

Saying that I don't actually have to upgrade is a stupid remark to make.

some inconsiderate and self-centered group of individuals

Please stop with the insults. The integrity of your argument (which you've
stated repeatedly, using plenty of capital letters - we get the point, you
don't want this change, because you are of the opinion that BC breaks are
unacceptable) is totally undermined by resorting to insults and bullying.
You are one voice, and you have been heard loud and clear. Speak only for
yourself, and not everyone - don't assume that most developers all agree
with you. Let them speak, and preferably without insulting them in the
process.

My opinion is that the RFC is proposed (as this discussion is going
nowhere, fast), and we discuss this like adults (without resulting to
insulting each other), and ultimately put it to vote. If "var" is kept,
then so be it. If "var" is deprecated, then so be it.