On Wed, 2016-03-16 at 19:15 +0100, Bob Weinand wrote:

> Eih, only to typed properties. Everything else would be insane ;-)
> Sorry for being imprecise.

Ok, quite a lot better, but still weird difference to the language.

There's a notable amount of places where references are being used and
often users aren't aware. (Binding parameters in database queries, in
order to support OUT parameters, comes to mind, many array functions
take an array, some functions use it to report error codes, ...)

I guess this will be a famous support issue.

And yeah, I'd love to "fix" all those places and get rid of the
references, but BC ... it's quite massive :-)

johannes