Hi,

I just wanted to send a quick update about my recent work on openssl ext in
case someone else wanted to start something similar so we don't have a
wasted effort on that. :)

1. Error queueing

I'm more or less done with a patch for error storing and clearing OpenSSL
error queue:

https://github.com/php/php-src/compare/PHP-7.0...bukka:openssl_error_store

I have been slowly working on a more complete test for openssl_error_string
that will cover most real error cases. There is still quite a lot of work
that I need to do but the incomplete test can be seen here:

https://github.com/bukka/php-util/blob/master/tests/openssl/openssl_error_string_basic.phpt

The idea is that I would like to create a PR against 7.0 after I'm happy
with that test so it can be tested by others and then merged. Then I plan
to merge the AEAD work that is complete but overlaps slightly with this one
so I want to merge it after that...

2. OpenSSL 1.1 port

I have got a port of the extension to work on OpenSSL 1.1. There has been
quite a bit of changes mainly due to the fact that most structures are now
opaque (but also some other changes)

https://github.com/bukka/php-src/compare/openssl_aead...bukka:openssl_1_1_port

It compiles fine and most tests pass. At the moment I have got just 3 tests
failing that I need to take a look later. But it's welcomed if anyone wants
to take a look and analyse them before I have got the time to look into
them ;). I have got a list that includes some other changes that I need to
verify later:

https://github.com/bukka/php-util/blob/master/tests/openssl/port_1_1_issues.txt

Cheers

Jakub