The voting period for the "var deprecation" RFC has ended.  The final vote
was 31 in favor and 23 against.  The 2/3 majority requirement was not met
and therefore this RFC has been DECLINED.

https://wiki.php.net/rfc/var_deprecation#vote

I'd like to thank everyone who participated in the discussions, and a
special thanks to Thomas Punt for helping to create the proposed patch.

Regards,

Colin O'Dell