On 04/20/2016 09:17 PM, Dominic Grostate wrote:
> Thanks for you're input everyone.
>
> So far, we have read some ideas for handling upper bounds, or multiple
> there of.
> The preferred keywords appear to be either "as" or "instanceof".
>
> class Foo<T as Bar> {}
> class Foo<T instanceof Bar> {}
>
> We would like to know for sure then if everyone is largely against the
> addition of an "is" keyword, in favour of one of the other two.
I don't mind having a new keyword and is would be my first choice because
using one of the other two would feel odd. in T instanceof Bar I expect
T to be a
variable, not a type and with T as Bar I feel like I'm telling PHP "T is
not a Bar but
treat as if it is"
I'm not that well aware of the implication of adding a new keyword but I
thought
it would not be a big deal since
https://wiki.php.net/rfc/context_sensitive_lexer
has passed (I'm not saying it's not important, just that using the most
appropriate
keyword is very important too)

--
Mathieu Rochette