On 25/04/16 20:24, Rasmus Schultz wrote:
> Check here to see what we did for php-annotations:
>
> https://github.com/php-annotations/php-annotations/blob/master/docs/CustomAnnotations.rst#usageannotation
>
> It's somewhat similar to how C# does it, and it has worked quite nicely.

After some fun caused by the way projects keep getting rewritten to
comply with the latest undemocratic changes to coding style, I have a
copy of php-annotations working without composer and what is imediatly
obvious is that current PHPDoc standard could do with an update.

php-annotations has some nice extensions such as range and length, but
these have been culled from the current builds because they are not part
of the standard. The problem is of cause that phpdoc.org are now
defining that standard and applying their view of how code should be
written, and the tags no longer align with much of the legacy code,
which is why we still have the phpDocumentor1 versions being used.

docBloc annotation IS well established, but can we at least document a
core PHP view of what should be available, and how to extend that to
support the alternat tags people are looking for.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL