On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 11:09 AM, Stanislav Malyshev
<smalys...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
>> The performance effect of this implementation is terrible.
>>
>> Assignment to typed property is 2.3 times slower.
>> Assignment to untyped property in a class with typed properties is 1.8 times
>> slower.
>>
>> See the benchmark
>> https://gist.github.com/dstogov/1b678712adeee51665cdd829195bb800
>
> This is not good. I wonder why these tests weren't made before the vote
> and results wheren't added in the RFC. Should we make it a standard
> practice to do so? Having 2x slowdown on each property access sounds
> like a bad idea.

The question is :
* should the vote be an idea-based vote, or integrate the code into the vote ?

My vote did not integrate the code, but the feature.

The idea is that if the RFC passes, then the feature is agreed, and we
still have some time to find a better implementation.
If we could not find one, then the feature should be abandoned or
post-poned until a new patch. If the new patch changes the
implementation, then the RFC should be reopened.

My thoughts.

Julien.Pauli