On 5/27/2016 2:34 PM, Lester Caine wrote:
> Hence the 'in an ideal world'! It is perhaps worth making clear that a
> 'typed property' element IS simply a holder for the pointer to the real
> element while the untyped properties are the element themselves? The
> differentiation of 'scalar' probably comes into play, but does that
> result in untyped scalers having to have the overheads for adding the
> type flags?

Nope, they both work exactly the same way. Typed properties just guard
the properties from assignment of values that are not typed hinted against.

I don't know what you mean with untyped scalars. Every variable always
has a type. It is up to you if you care about it or not.

On 5/27/2016 2:34 PM, Lester Caine wrote:
> And 32bit builds mess things up as well ...

YES!

On 5/27/2016 2:34 PM, Lester Caine wrote:
> With the proviso that $o is not used again ... currently all of my
> object classes have a constructor for a blank object along with a loader
> to 'initialize' the data. Empty objects such as 'father' can be
> populated with data and saved, loaded with an existing record, or wiped
> if incorrect associations existed ... allowing the correct data to be
> added. AJAX allows things to happen within a page which in the past
> would have been complete new page loads without any of the problems of
> 'cached' data?

Sounds like bad design to me where you always need to know when to call
what and when what was called but if it works for you. :)

--
Richard "Fleshgrinder" Fussenegger