On 06/02/2016 03:01 PM, Bob Weinand wrote:
Am 01.06.2016 um 12:55 schrieb Dmitry Stogov <dmi...@zend.com>:

hi,

Please take a look into the proposal.

https://wiki.php.net/rfc/too_few_args

The RFC is extremely simple (both proposal and implementation) and almost
completely described by the email subject.

I think, this mini-RFC doesn't need 2-weeks discussion period, so I'm going to
start the vote on next week.

Thanks. Dmitry.
Very nice!

Just a question: Does the RFC also impact calls to internal functions? (With
internal functions we don't have the problem as they're typically immediately
aborted, but it would be inconsistent with userland functions to have once a
warning, once an exception)

Judging from the patch this isn't the case? (at least I see no related changes)

Thus I think the scope of the RFC is a bit too small. [and at least it should
be explicitly mentioned in the RFC if you decide against that].

Bob
The RFC doesn't propose to change behavior of internal functions.
In case of wrong number of arguments, they are not executed anyway.
It may make sense to change their behavior as well, but I don't see a big value.

Thanks. Dmitry.